Goed nieuws voor Starwars fans. Eindelijk is er zicht op de releasedatum van Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. De dubbel DVD zal op 16 oktober wereldwijd uitgebracht worden.
Het wachten zal worden beloond, want er zal maar liefst 480 minuten aan materiaal op de disks staan.
Hier een opsomming van de features:
- The Phantom Menace, mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English), Dolby 2.0 Surround (English and Spanish), and Dolby 2.0 Surround (French, for Canadian release)
- Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Co-Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Scott Squires, John Knoll and Dennis Muren; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film
- Seven never-before-seen deleted scenes with full visual effects completed just for the DVD release
- "The Beginning" -- an all-new hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of footage offering unprecedented access inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the making of Episode I
- Multi-angle storyboard to animatic to finished film feature, that lets you flip through the various phases of development of key action sequences
- Five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring The Phantom Menace's storyline, designs, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes
The popular "Duel of the Fates" music video that debuted in 1999
- All 12 parts of the Lynne's Diaries, the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
- Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign, and never-before-scene production photos
- Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots including the "tone poems"
Meer informatie op http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2001/06/news20010619.html